Want to watch your GoPro footage on your television? Which GoPro cameras have an HDMI output? In this GoPro HDMI guide, you’ll learn which cameras come with HDMI ports, which ones can be added, and which HDMI cable you’ll need.
Which GoPro Cameras Have HDMI Out?
- Hero10 Black: Please note that the Hero10 Black does not come with a micro HDMI output. For this function, you’ll need to purchase the Media Mod.
- Hero9 Black: Please note that the Hero9 Black does not come with a micro HDMI output. For this function, you’ll need to purchase the Media Mod.
- Hero8 Black: Please note that the Hero8 Black does not come with a micro HDMI output. For this function, you’ll need to purchase the Media Mod.
- Hero7 Black
- Hero6 Black
- Hero5 Black
- Hero4 Black
The newer GoPro cameras (Hero10, Hero9, Hero8) don’t ship with a micro HDMI output. You’ll need to pick up the corresponding Media Mod for your model.
Which Media Mod Do I Need for My GoPro?
There are two versions of the Media Mod. Here is the correct Media Mod for your GoPro camera.
- Hero10 / Hero9 Cameras: BLDT1 (ADFMD-01) This Media Mod works with both the Hero10 and Hero9 cameras. It has two cold-shoe mounts (top and right) for lights, mics, and screens. It has a 3.5mm mic port, and micro HDMI-out port for connecting to a television. The removable mic cover helps improve audio in winds up to 20 mph (32 kph).
- Hero8 Camera: (AJFMD-001) This Media Mod ships with basically the same features as the new model. The only difference is that it doesn’t ship with the foam mic cover. And it only works on the Hero8 Black.
Make sure to double-check which Media Mod you’re ordering. The two models aren’t interchangeable between GoPro cameras.
Which GoPro Cameras Can’t Connect via HDMI?
Here are the GoPro models that don’t have an HDMI port. And they don’t have a corresponding Media Mod to provide this option.
- GoPro Max
- Hero7 Silver and White
- GoPro Fusion
- Hero5 Session
- Hero4 Silver
- Hero4 Session
- Hero3+ Black
- Hero3 Silver
- Hero (2018)
- Hero+ LCD
- Hero3+ Silver
- Hero3 White
So while you can’t connect these models via an HDMI cable, you can still connect your GoPro to a tv with these 4 methods.
GoPro HDMI Cables
What HDMI Output do GoPro Cameras Use?
All GoPro cameras with HDMI-out ports all use micro HDMI cables. All Media Mod accessories (for Hero8, Hero9, and Hero10) also have micro HDMI output ports.
Learn more about GoPro charging cables.
Common GoPro HDMI Questions
Does GoPro Max have HDMI Out?
The Max doesn’t have an HDMI out port. So to view your footage on a television, you’ll have to copy your files to a USB flash drive or memory card. Or you could screencast your footage using Google Cast or Apple AirPlay.
Does GoPro Hero8 have HDMI Out?
Does the New GoPro Have HDMI Out?
More reading: 4 Ways to Connect a GoPro to Your Computer